Each state has a Retired Teachers Association. Our state organization is called the Kentucky Retired Teachers Association (KRTA). KRTA is composed of many local CHAPTERS. The Jefferson County Retired Teachers Association (JCRTA) is our local chapter of KRTA.
KRTA AND JCRTA are not affiliated with KEA or the JCTA union.
Jefferson County Retired Teachers Association (JCRTA) Membership
There are two categories of membership in JCRTA.
1. Retired teachers who live in Jefferson County and receive their annuity check from TRS. Some taught in Jefferson County and some taught in other counties but they all live in Jefferson County and taught in Kentucky.
2. Retired teachers who taught in Jefferson County and receive their annuity check from TRS but do not live in Jefferson County.
1. Other people who do not receive an annuity check from TRS but are interested in the concerns of educators and those who enjoy the fellowship on trips and tours.
What Does JCRTA Membership Do For You?
- keeps members informed about legislation that affects retired teachers
- issues four newsletters a year
- provides opportunities to meet four times a year with other JCRTA members
- provides travel opportunities with fellow educators
- awards a scholarship to a high school senior pursuing a career in education
- cosponsors an essay contest on grandparents with AARP
- provides an AARP Driver Safety Program.
- assists with TRS pre-retirement seminars
- informs members of community volunteer opportunities
JCRTA Dues – local organization
The cost is $15 a year. Our fiscal year is from July 1st to June 30th.
Click on the Membership Button at top of this page. You may pay by check or credit card.
How to Check When Your JCRTA Membership Expires
Not sure if your membership has expired? To find out, go to the bottom of this page and send us a message using Get in Touch. You should receive an email response within a few days.
Kentucky Retired Teachers Association (KRTA) – Kentucky's State organization
The KRTA dues are $20. Don’t want to be bothered with writing a check each year? The easiest way to do KRTA dues is to have them automatically taken out of your November annuity check. Call KRTA at 502-231-5802 and request an Automatic Dues Deduction card. Ea